Song Seung-Yong

 Object-O
 I have memories that I made a den somewhere in my house as a child- Under the table, in the wardrobe, and in the attic- I created my own base and felt relieved as if I avoided enemies that were actually non-existent. My own secret space at the moment which was comfortable and protected, better than a huge mansion, the coziness of the space like a bird's nest isn't what we dream basically?



Object-A 
I am looking in every nook and cranny of the room to find hidden spaces. Under the table, beneath the bed, above the wardrobe ... All the space in the room is completely full of odds and ends. There's no other choice. And I start building my objet like the city's tallest building seen from the window in the room.



 Object-B 
I climb on a chair. I put books on a ladder. If things are freed from their own unique functions, we might agonize over how to use this objects.





 Object-E 
 The unique name of things limit the range of product's shape and function, but above all, the fact that there exists stereotyped function in accordance with each unique name suppresses my imagination. I am not willing to deny or destroy the identity based on the stereotype, but I only reinterpret the uses I need in my own design language.




8 objets
 I do not bother myself with looking for the perfect space to my own body. I read, work, eat and also sleep in this.This space is warm and free. This is my own space that makes all I want possible.




0 comments:

Post a Comment